Monday, June 27, 2011

Last day in Mobile

We started our last day in Alabama with a mandatory breakfast meeting where all the racers gave feedback to the judges and members of the Air Race Board. We also got our airplane keys back since the planes were officially released from impound. After the race, all of the planes are impounded so that racers can't get back into them. It helps to eliminate cheating because the top finishing planes are always re-inspected and sometimes re-handicapped.





Forgot to mention this yeaterday, but I got a really nice card from Kristen's parents. I thought it was kinda odd that they gave me this card:


But then I turned it upside down and it made more sense.


Either way, there was cash inside so I was keeping it.

Anyway, we decided to head back to the beach on Dauphin Island, which was a great idea. I could sit there for hours.





I love the houses on stilts.


Then we drove around for what seemed like hours trying to find somewhere to eat lunch. Eventually we did. Then we got ready for the banquet. It was really nice and we had two ERAU tables.





And we took a lot of pictures. With an increasing number of people each time.











We had dinner and waited for the scores. Unfortunately this year we placed in the middle of the pack. However, we had a great time and wouldn't change anything. We made the best decisions we could based on the information available to us. We learned a lot, and made some great friends. And I can't wait to be back next year when the race starts in Lake Havasu. Kristen and I are both very proud to represent Embry-Riddle.

Tomorrow the journey home begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment